Sunday, February 18, 2007

I knew it was a plot...


A bit off my normal topic, but I thought this was worth a mention..

I was waiting for my wife the other day in the library where she works when the title of a book caught my eye as I was leaning against a shelf. It was called "A Womans Guide to Changing Her Man". Ah HA! - Of course I, like any other man out there already know this to be fact, "this" being that once married (or otherwise settled down) we are not much more than a piece of undeveloped real estate or a lump of clay, to be improved and moulded, tore down and built up so what we are presentable and ready to do whatever bidding is asked of us.

And you ladies are well aware of this is usually easier said than done, we are not always the most cooperative lot are we? Hence books like this one, which at a cursory glance tells you things like the following:

"If we're so determined to change our men, why are we so lousy at it? For starters, when things aren't going well, we spend far too much time analyzing things to death and finding fault instead of finding creative"

"So, you may be asking yourself, "Since men don't like being changed, why read a book instructing women to do the very thing men most detest about being in a relationship?"

"That's why I'm going to teach you how to transform your man into the "new and improved" version you've been hoping for. You're about to learn effective, down-to-earth, easy-to-understand, simple-to-implement strategies for changing your man"

"Women need to learn these "male-friendly" methods of persuasion and stop doing what doesn't work"


Well ladies, I'm here to help. Reading chapter upon chapter of this gobbledy-gook is simply too time consuming and to be quite honest isn't going to work! Being an expert (a man), I could write a book about this, but the solution is so simple, it would definatly fall in the category of thin books, thinner even than a book about Stephane Dion's great moments in question period or about his popularity in Alberta.

The secret to get your man to be at your beck and call, do your bidding, let you pick his friends, you name it, can be summed up in three simple words. Yes, its true, and I'm going to tell you two of these words, you only have to fill in the blank!

First word is "more", last word is "jobs"

Your welcome...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home